On this page:
- Be safe around gas
- Know what to do during an outage
- Save on your gas bill
- Building a safe and reliable gas network
- Stay connected
Be safe around gas
Natural gas is flammable. Gas appliances can leak carbon monoxide, making them dangerous if not properly serviced. That's why it's important to use a qualified gasfitter to maintain the safety of your gas appliances in your home or business.
- A qualified gasfitter should service your gas heater every two years – this will help make sure it's safe and efficient.
- Always use a qualified gasfitter to service your gas appliances according to the manufacturer's instructions and record the service date.
- Ask your qualified gasfitter for a Certificate of Compliance for any work they do in your home or business.
- Don't attempt to fix your gas heater yourself – this isn't a safe DIY project and you must call a qualified gasfitter.