We recently installed a Rapid Earth Fault Current Limiter (REFCL) at the Kalkallo zone substation to protect the community from bushfires. For more information on this leading-edge, bushfire reduction technology, see Rapid Earth Fault Current Limiters.
Upcoming works – 2023
REFCL works – Monday 9 October to Friday 13 October between 8am and 5pm
We’re carrying out some final tests to make sure the Kalkallo REFCL is working perfectly ahead of summer.
Testing will occur from Monday 9 October to Friday 13 October between 8am and 5pm.
In the unlikely chance these works interrupt the power supply, our crew will work to get the power back on ASAP. Here are some tips to prepare.
We have sent SMS updates to our customers in Kalkallo. If you didn’t get an SMS from us, make sure your electricity retailer (the company you pay your power bills to) has your current mobile number. They’ll pass it onto us and we’ll start sending you updates.
Life support customers should be ready to activate their emergency plan during the testing period. Please call our life support priority line on 1800 818 832 anytime if you have any questions.
- For tips on preparing for an outage, see Prepare for an electrical outage.
- Follow us on Facebook for updates.
- To get SMS updates from us, register your mobile number with your electricity retailer.
If you have any questions, please:
- email firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- call 1300 360 795. Life support customers can call our priority line on 1800 818 832 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week).
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to protect our communities from bushfires.