On the 16 February 2022, AusNet Ltd was acquired by Australian Energy Holdings No 4 Pty Limited, a company controlled by Brookfield Asset Management. The consortium of co-investors includes:
- Sunsuper Superannuation Fund, an Australian multi-industry superannuation fund
- Alberta Investment Management Corporation, an institutional investment manager for pension, endowment and government funds in Alberta, Canada
- Investment Management Corporation of Ontario, an investment manager overseeing assets on behalf of public sector institutions in Ontario, Canada
- Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan, a defined benefit pension plan for healthcare workers in Ontario, Canada
- Canada’s Public Sector Pension Investment Board.
We operate our three networks in a regulated environment. The Australian Energy Regulator (AER) sets the price movements for the electricity and gas networks once every five years. For more information on the AER’s role, visit www.aer.gov.au.
Through our industry association, the Energy Networks Association (ENA), we actively engage with critical issues about the future of energy in Australia. The ENA has published 2 major strategy reports about the future of electricity and gas networks in Australia. To learn more, visit:
Employee payment review
We recently completed a detailed review into any unintentional underpayments to current and former employees as a result of the coverage and application of applicable Enterprise Agreements and Awards.
For more information and FAQs, see Employee payment review.