Loch Sport update - 3 October 2023
Severe weather and fires damaged 7 power poles in Loch Sport this morning resulting in a power outage to around 1900 properties. Our crews worked with local emergency services to safely assess the area with active fires still in progress.
Generators will supply power to most of the town from 11pm tonight until we repair the damaged power poles and reconnect the town back to the network.
We'll continue to update this page with more information and we're communicating with residents throughout the restoration process.
If you haven't received a SMS from us, make sure your electricity retailer (the company you pay your power bills to) has your correct mobile number. They'll pass it onto us and we can start sending you updates.
What you can do:
- If you are in immediate danger or need urgent medical help, call 000.
- If you’re a life support customer, please activate your emergency plan. You can call us anytime on 1800 818 832. For more information, visit Life support customers.
- For emergency services, including relief centres, call SES on 13 25 00 or visit Vic Emergency.
- Call 13 17 99 to report faults and emergencies, including fallen powerlines and powerlines caught in trees. We'll need your full address or the number on your nearest power pole, and a description of the damage.
- Check our Outage Tracker for latest restoration times. If you can't see your outage there, report it online.
- If there is damage to your property or your private electrical line, contact a registered electrician for repairs.
- For tips to stay power prepared, see Prepare for an electrical outage.
- For the latest weather updates, visit Bureau of Meteorology.
Please stay away from fallen powerlines and assume any wires are live. If an area is still flooded, please stay safe. Never drive through floodwaters.