What we're doing
We’re replacing underground cables and upgrading the substation in Cranbourne North.
This upgrade will support the safe and reliable supply of electricity to the Cranbourne North community and reduce the likelihood of further unplanned outages in the future.
Traffic disruptions and areas impacted
There may be traffic disruptions around <STREET SPECIFICS> this month, including detours and 40kms/hr zones.
Traffic management will be in place to guide you through the area but please allow extra time when traveling.
Here is a map of the roads impacted by this work.
Why we need to turn the power off
We need to turn the power off for some customers so we can safely carry out this work.
If we need to turn your power off, you will receive a letter, email, or text message with the date and time of the outages.
There will be two power outages:
- The first outage will occur on Thursday 8 June 2023 between 9am and 6pm.
- The second power outage will be in late June or early July.
For tips on preparing for a planned power outage, see Power prepared.
While this work is underway, we’ll have a generator in place to provide an additional power source to the community during peak demand periods. This will hopefully reduce the likelihood of additional power outages during the works.
Duration of works
- Our work will take about three weeks to complete.
- We’ll start work on Thursday 8 June and aim to finish by the start of July.
- During this time, our team will be working on site from XXam to XXpm Monday to Friday.
- We apologise for any inconvenience these works may cause and thank you for your patience and understanding.