Complaints and feedback

You have the right to make a complaint if you’re unhappy with our services. This may include how we handle your reported faults, or any other enquiries with our staff. We want to hear your feedback so we can get it right.

You can lodge a complaint or give us feedback by:

How we handle complaints

We aim to go above and beyond the standards outlined in the Australian Standard AS/NZS 10002-2018: Customer Satisfaction – Guidelines for complaint handling.

We’ll acknowledge receipt of all customer complaints within two business days. If your complaint can’t be resolved quickly, we’ll aim to give you a full written response within 10 business days. If we need to investigate the matter further, we’ll keep you informed about the of the status and progress of your complaint.

Most people who contact us act reasonably and responsibly, even when they’re experiencing high levels of distress, frustration or anger about their complaint.

In a very small number of cases, we experience people behaving in inappropriate and unacceptable ways, despite our best efforts to help them. If unreasonable behaviour puts the safety or wellbeing of our employees or contractors at risk, we have the right to stop engaging with that person. In extreme cases, this may also mean restricting or completely terminating a person’s access to our complaint management services.

We review and analyse all complaints so we can identify trends and continuously improve our customer service.

For more information, download our Complaints and dispute resolution policy (PDF, 74 KB)

What if I’m not satisfied with the outcome?

If your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction, you have the right to contact the Energy & Water Ombudsman of Victoria (EWOV). They provide an independent service that’s free and easy to access.

Phone: 1800 500 509


Interpreter service

To help all our customers engage with us, we offer interpreting services through the National Translating and Interpreter Service.

If you need an interpreter, please call 13 14 50 and ask them to call us on 1300 360 795.