1. Register your mobile number
SMS is a great way to stay informed during a power outage. Make sure your mobile number is correct with your energy retailer (the company who sends your power bills). They will pass on your number, so that we can send updates straight to your phone.
2. Connect with us
- Save our faults & emergencies number in your phone 13 17 99
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
- Use our Outage Tracker to track restoration times
3. Clear trees, grass and shrubs away from Private Electric Lines (PEL)
Overgrown trees, plants and grass should be cut back to reduce bushfire risk. If you own a Private Electric Line (PEL), you are responsible for making sure it is always in safe working condition. If your PEL is unsafe, the CFA may direct us to disconnect it during bushfire season.
Head to our Private electric lines to learn more about your responsibilities, and download a handy maintenance checklist.