We care about our people, customers and communities, which is why we created missionZero. missionZero is our safety strategy and means zero injuries. It’s guided by:
- Zero injuries to our people, contractors and visitors
- Zero tolerance of unsafe behaviour and acts
- Zero compromise on safety
- Zero impacts to our families and communities
Keeping our people safe
We're committed to best practice, industry certified health, safety and environment practices.
Our Health and Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) Management System has been certified. It complies with Australian and international standards:
- AS/NZS 4801 Occupational health and safety management systems certificate (PDF, 807 KB)
- AS/NZS ISO 14001 Environmental management systems certificate (PDF, 878 KB)
- AS/NZS ISO 9001 Quality management systems certificate (PDF, 878 KB)
The framework includes our Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Policy (PDF, 142 KB) and supporting processes.
Keeping you safe
Electric and magnetic fields occur wherever electricity is used, distributed, transmitted and generated. They occur in natural and human-made electricity. Their effect on health has been researched since the 1950s, and in recent years by national and international committees.
While the general conclusions haven't established a relationship between magnetic fields and adverse health effects, we:
- operate our transmission system prudently, with Australian health guidelines front of mind
- closely monitor high quality scientific research
- seek community views when locating new facilities.
In addition, we follow recommendations from Energy Networks Australia, the peak industry association for energy networks.
Find out more about electric and magnetic fields at the Energy Networks Australia site.