INSTALLING PRIVATE LINES
A private line, substation or low voltage underground cable may be installed at the customer’s request to replace an existing private overhead low voltage line subject to certain conditions.
We will determine whether the private overhead line will be replaced by a low voltage underground supply from the low voltage network in the road or the installation of a high voltage line and substation on the property.
Customer contributions for private lines connections are:
- the high voltage extension including the substation pole
- the low voltage underground mains on the property
- the tree clearing costs
- any easement costs
AusNet Services is able to pay for:
- the cost to establish a substation including the transformer, or
- the cost to install low voltage underground mains on the property in non-fire areas, or
- underground low voltage service cable costs in the road reserve up to the equivalent value of 50m of cable in fire areas, or
- all underground low voltage service cable costs in the road reserve.